How to Protect Your Rights After an Accident in Alabama
A car accident, fall at work, a defective product – what do you do when someone else causes your personal injuries? The actions you take in the minutes, hours, and days after an accident can ultimately affect the outcome of a future lawsuit. Knowing how to protect your rights from the very start can help you maximize the odds of claim success.
The best thing you can do after any kind of personal injury accident is to talk to a lawyer as soon as possible. Advice from an attorney can help you find suitable medical care, talk to insurance claims adjusters with confidence, and preserve key evidence. Conferring with a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer at Drake Law Firm can immediately put your mind at ease, even if you suffered severe injuries.
Our attorneys will review the facts of your case, let you know if we think you have grounds for a lawsuit, and take steps to begin drafting your civil claim without delay. The Alabama statute of limitations on personal injury claims gives you one year after the date of the accident to bring a claim. This is a smaller timeframe than in most other states. Missing the filing deadline will almost certainly bar you from the ability to recover damages. The sooner you talk to a lawyer, the better.
Common Types of Claims We Handle
Not all personal injury accidents give victims the right to pursue financial recovery through the civil court system in Alabama. Certain types of accidents and injuries give rise to lawsuits more than others. In our decades of experience, the attorneys at Drake Law Firm have acquired a firm grasp on which types of incidents scream negligence. If you suffered injuries or a loved one died in any of the following scenarios, our attorneys have the ability to handle your claim:
- Auto accidents. Car crashes almost always come down to human error. Distracted, drunk, drowsy, careless, or reckless drivers cause the majority of serious collisions in Alabama. Negligent parts manufacturers and dangerous road defects can also cause accidents.
- Slip and falls. Slips, trips, and falls due to dangerous property elements could give the victim grounds to file a premises liability lawsuit. We can help determine whether a property owner was negligent in failing to prevent your injuries.
- Workplace incidents. Injuries at work can result in significant medical bills and lost wages – especially if you have disabilities. Don’t settle for just a workers’ compensation check if someone else’s negligence contributed to your incident. A personal injury claim could result in greater relief.
- Medical malpractice. Surgical errors, medication mistakes, negligent patient care, unsanitary premises, and hospital/emergency room malpractice could all result in lawsuits against the individual physician and/or hospital.
- Wrongful death. When negligence results in a loss of life, don’t waste any time. Talk to an attorney right away about your potential right to file a wrongful death claim as a surviving family member in Alabama.
Don’t see the scenario that recently caused your injuries? This isn’t an exhaustive list. Our attorneys can handle a long list of claim types in Birmingham and the surrounding region. Boating accidents, burns, dog bites, abuse, defective products, dangerous premises, nursing home abuse – we specialize in almost all facets of personal injury law. Contact our firm to further discuss your specific case.
Why Should You Consider Filing a Claim?
After suffering injuries in an accident in Birmingham, you might want to put the experience behind you as quickly as possible. Spending months mulling over the details of the accident with an attorney, going through investigations, and filing paperwork might seem like the last thing you want to do. Luckily, teaming with the right lawyer can make the claims process as fast, painless, and stress-free as possible. The Drake Law Firm will take care of every aspect of your claim for you, so you don’t have to focus on anything except healing.
While you get well, spend time with your family and go back to work, our meticulous attorneys will be working in the sidelines to secure you compensation. We’ll do everything we can to achieve outstanding case results, such as the multi-million-dollar settlements or verdicts we’ve gotten for our clients in the past. Asking a lawyer for help with your personal injury claim could result in compensation that extends well beyond payment for your hospital bills. Expert insurance settlement negotiation and aggressive litigation in a court of law can result in fair and full payment for your past and future medical costs, property damage, physical pain, emotional suffering, mental anguish, loss of consortium, lost quality of life, and more.
Don’t Wait – Call Drake
When you contact our firm, you don’t have to worry about paying for the initial consultation, covering any upfront costs, or being under any obligation to hire us. We truly care about the people who come to us for assistance and only wish to offer our help. We will meet with you at our Birmingham, Alabama headquarters or elsewhere if you can’t make it to our office.
During your free case evaluation, one of our lead attorneys will listen to the details of your accident and help you determine who could be liable for your medical costs, lost wages, and personal pain and suffering. Should you decide to retain us after your meeting, we’ll start drafting your claim right away. A personal injury can change your life. We’ll help you take it back. To request a consultation, call (205) 970-0800 or submit our online form today.