Hoover Personal Injury Lawyer
If you get hurt in an accident, your injuries may affect your physical abilities, emotional state and enjoyment of your favorite activities. Your life may be permanently changed. If someone else carelessly or recklessly caused your accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. At Drake Injury Lawyers, our Hoover, Alabama personal injury attorneys are here to help you understand your rights. We can pursue justice and maximum financial compensation on your behalf.
Why Choose Drake Injury Lawyers?
- Our attorneys have over 25 years of experience. We have successfully resolved more than 1,000 cases in the past 10 years alone.
- We are not a volume firm nor a billboard/TV advertiser; we prioritize quality over quantity. Our attorneys dedicate personalized attention to each and every client and case.
- Our lawyers have obtained more than $100 million in settlements and judgment awards for past clients. We know what it takes to get our clients the outcomes they deserve.
- Personal injury law is all that we do. We have the right skills, knowledge and experience to properly handle your case and get real results.
How Can a Hoover Personal Injury Attorney Help?
It can be difficult enough to recover from your injuries after a serious accident; you should not also have to deal with the legal side of your recovery. If you hire a personal injury lawyer in Hoover, your lawyer can take care of the legwork of your injury claim for you, removing the legal burden from your shoulders. You can focus on healing and building a brighter future after an accident while your lawyer provides important legal services, such as:
- Providing trustworthy answers to your legal questions
- Investigating your accident and gathering evidence
- Hiring qualified subject-matter experts
- Connecting you to top doctors in Alabama
- Helping you prove your losses to an insurance company
- Pursuing maximum financial compensation for your expenses
- Representing you at trial, if necessary
A legal team with respected trial attorneys can give you the chance that you deserve at holding a wrongdoer accountable and obtaining fair compensation. A personal injury attorney is committed to pursuing maximum results for you and your family, unlike an insurance company that does not have your best interests in mind. Most importantly, an attorney will make sure that you and your family have everything necessary to recover and rebuild in peace.
Do You Have Grounds to File a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case is a civil dispute that arises when one person gets injured and believes that another person or party is legally responsible for the injury. The filing party, or plaintiff, attempts to prove that the other party (defendant) caused the accident or injury in question using evidence. Most personal injury cases are based on the legal grounds of negligence. Someone is negligent if he or she falls short of the required amount of care. If this causes harm to someone else, the negligent party could be held responsible.
If you wish to pursue a claim based on negligence, you or your personal injury lawyer must show evidence of four elements:
- Duty of care. A legal or ethical obligation that the defendant has to exercise a reasonable amount of care for the situation.
- Breach of duty. Any violation of the duty of care, such as an action or omission that an ordinarily prudent party would not have committed.
- Damages. Real and specific losses sustained by the plaintiff, such as physical injuries, medical bills, or pain and suffering.
- Causation. Evidence that the plaintiff’s damages would not have existed were it not for the defendant’s breach of the duty of care.
During a personal injury case, it is the plaintiff who has the burden of proof. This means it is the plaintiff (or plaintiff’s attorney) who must prove the claim that is being made. The burden of proof in the civil justice system is a preponderance of the evidence. This is clear and convincing evidence that demonstrates that the defendant is responsible for the injury with at least a 50 percent certainty. A personal injury attorney can help you meet your burden of proof by gathering any available evidence against the defendant.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Accept
When you contact Drake Injury Lawyers, we will carefully listen to your story and let you know if we believe your personal injury case has merit during a free initial consultation. If so, we will tell you whether it is a good fit for our law firm. We’ve been helping individuals and families recover from serious accidents for a quarter of a century. Our Hoover personal injury lawyers accept all of the following types of cases, and more:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Public transportation accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Daycare injuries
- Hospital negligence
- Nursing home abuse
- Product liability
- Auto defects
- Premises liability
- Dog bite injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Wrongful death
As a law firm that exclusively practices personal injury law, we can take on even the most complicated and challenging cases. We don’t back down from a fight and aren’t afraid to go up against insurance companies, major corporations, Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and other powerful defendants on behalf of our clients.
Compensation Available for a Personal Injury Case in Hoover, Alabama
Personal injury and negligence laws in Alabama may make you eligible for financial recovery after a serious accident and injury in Hoover. If your lawyer succeeds in proving that the defendant is at fault for your injury, you could recover compensation – also known as damages – for the following losses:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical needs
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial costs, if applicable
- Punitive damages
Most personal injury cases are resolved with settlements. If an insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement for your losses, however, or you encounter other problems with your claim, your case may have to go to trial. This is why it is important to choose a lawyer with trial capabilities.
Request a Free Consultation with a Hoover Personal Injury Attorney
At Drake Injury Lawyers, we believe that every accident victim deserves to be heard. As your personal injury attorney, we will carefully analyze your case, work closely with you to identify your goals and relentlessly pursue the results that you need. We offer high-quality legal representation at an affordable rate. Join the thousands of satisfied clients we have helped obtain successful settlements and verdicts in the past. Contact us online to request your free consultation in Hoover, Alabama today. Speak to our Birmingham personal injury attorneys by calling (205) 970-0800.