Tuscaloosa Truck Accident Attorney
With thousands of truck drivers navigating the highways for work each day, it is only a matter of time before one causes an accident. It only takes a few seconds of inattention or negligence on a truck driver’s part to cause a devastating collision. In 2017 alone, large trucks were involved in 4,657 fatal accidents and 107,000 injury accidents around the U.S.
If you or a loved one was in a Tuscaloosa truck accident, the attorneys at Drake Injury Lawyers may be able to help you achieve justice and fair compensation from the responsible party. We have decades of combined legal experience to put to work for you. Call (205) 970-0800 for a free consultation.
Why Choose Drake Injury Lawyers?
- We are a full-service law firm that formulates comprehensive legal strategies custom-tailored to each and every client. We pride ourselves on representing clients with full transparency and open communication.
- We understand the common difficulties that injured truck accident victims face. Our attorneys in Tuscaloosa can visit you in your home or at the hospital for a consultation if you cannot come to our office.
- We represent Tuscaloosa truck accident victims on a contingency fee basis. Our lawyers charge nothing upfront for their services. You will only pay legal fees if and when your lawyer wins your case.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
Retaining the services of an attorney can be vital after a commercial truck accident in Alabama. Trucking companies often have insurance policies that reach into the millions. More than one party could be responsible or vicariously responsible for your accident. Hiring a truck accident lawyer gives you the investigative power to identify all liable parties, as well as to present your case in as positive a light as possible. Our Birmingham truck accident attorneys can take care of difficult insurance negotiations on your behalf while you recover from injuries.
Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
The attorneys at Drake Injury Lawyers have enough experience in truck accident law to identify the most common causes of these collisions. Our truck accident lawyers can collect any available evidence to support your personal injury case, including information from a truck’s black box, the driver’s cellphone records and photographs of the crash scene. We know how to investigate truck accidents in Tuscaloosa for signs of negligence and fault.
- Driver error. Truck drivers can cause catastrophic accidents by texting and driving, speeding, making unsafe lane changes, driving under the influence, and making other preventable mistakes. Trucking companies are generally vicariously liable for the actions of their drivers.
- Truck breakdowns. A truck company might also be liable for equipment failures and truck breakdowns that stem from a lack of proper truck maintenance. Truck companies must regularly inspect their vehicles and keep up with necessary repairs to prevent malfunctions and related accidents.
- Vehicle defects. Some truck accidents (including tire blowouts, rollovers, jackknifes and rear-end collisions) arise in connection with defective auto parts from the manufacturer, such as bad brakes or faulty truck tires. Speak to our Birmingham product liability lawyers to find out if part manufacturers may be liable for these collisions.
No matter who or what caused your truck accident, if it involved negligence, our truck accident lawyers can help. One or more parties may owe you compensation for failing to prevent your collision. Our attorneys can take immediate action to help you build a strong claim to damages against the appropriate defendant(s).
Contact a Tuscaloosa Truck Accident Lawyer
Bringing a successful truck accident claim against a person or entity in Alabama could result in fair payment for your auto repairs, medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other tangible and intangible damages. The Tuscaloosa truck accident lawyers at Drake Injury Lawyers work hard to achieve fair results on behalf of their injured clients. You may be eligible for a significant amount depending on the extent of your injuries and other factors related to your unique claim. Request a free, no-obligation case evaluation today. Contact us online to schedule your free consultation or speak to our Tuscaloosa personal injury attorneys by calling (205) 970-0800.