Shoals Truck Accident Attorney
A large truck colliding with you can end in catastrophic injuries or the wrongful death of loved ones. Big rigs in Alabama can exceed 80,000 pounds in weight. Their immense size generally means much worse damage and injuries to the passengers of smaller cars. If you or someone close to you is the victim of a Shoals truck accident, the truck accident lawyers at Drake Injury Lawyers can help you seek compensation for your damages. If you lost someone you love in a fatal truck accident, our Birmingham wrongful death attorneys can help support you through the claim process. The truck company or a different party may be liable for the crash.
Why Choose Drake Injury Lawyers?
- We offer custom-tailored legal representation to serve each client’s unique needs.
- We will not hesitate to meet with clients at home, in the hospital or elsewhere.
- We have learned proven tactics through decades of combined legal experience.
- We have obtained over $100 million on behalf of our clients.
- We accept Shoals truck accident claims on a contingency fee basis.
Do You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer?
Do not attempt to go up against a truck company’s insurance team alone. Trucking companies often have policy limits in the millions, yet their insurers will try their hardest to get injured clients to settle for as little as possible. The best way to maximize your end result is with help from an attorney. A truck accident lawyer can argue for better compensation on your behalf while you spend time recuperating from your serious injuries. Our Birmingham truck accident lawyers will not allow you to accept a lowball settlement or take the denial of a valid claim without a fight.
What to Know About Truck Accident Claims
Commercial trucks are not the same as standard passenger vehicles. Trucking accidents involve unique rules compared to typical auto accident cases. They may involve poor fleet maintenance, for example, or unsecured cargo. After a truck accident, review your case in detail with an attorney who has experience handling these special types of claims.
- Federal laws. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has hundreds of rules in place to improve the safety of commercial trucking. It is a trucking company’s responsibility to obey these rules. Failure to do so – often to save time or money – is negligence that can cause a collision or disaster. A breach of federal law could serve as the basis for your truck accident lawsuit.
- Vicarious liability. A trucking company will be vicariously liable by law for the actions and mistakes of its truck drivers, cargo loaders, maintenance crews and other staff members. This law holds true even if the truck drivers are independent contractors and the truck company leases its trucks. Holding the company liable could lead to better compensation for your damages.
- Statute of limitations. All personal injury claims, including truck accident cases, have a deadline in Alabama. The statute of limitations on these cases is, in general, two years. You will have two years from the date of your commercial truck accident to bring a lawsuit. If you miss your deadline, the courts may dismiss your case before it begins.
Our specialized truck accident lawyers at Drake Injury Lawyers have the information you need about truck accidents in the Shoals Area and the laws surrounding them. No matter what the details are regarding your specific case, our lawyers will know how to craft a strong strategy to fight for maximum compensation on your behalf.
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you were in a truck accident in Muscle Shoals, Tuscumbia, Florence or Sheffield, our attorneys can help you bring a claim. The trucking company or another party may owe you compensation for your past and future damages. Our Shoals personal injury lawyers at Drake Injury Lawyers can help you find proof of a defendant’s negligence and present it to claims adjusters, judges or juries. We help clients involved in truck rollovers, head-on collisions, intersection accidents, rear-end collisions, jackknifes, lost cargo load and many other types of truck accidents anywhere in the Shoals Area. Contact us online or call (205) 970-0800 to begin with a free consultation.