Vestavia Hills Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident is a frightening event that can result in life-changing injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, or even the wrongful death of a loved one. At Drake Injury Lawyers, our experienced Vestavia Hills car accident attorneys know what you should do after a crash as a victim. We can help you with both your physical and financial recoveries, providing greater peace of mind during a difficult time in your life. As your legal advocates, we will guide you through the legal process in pursuit of justice and maximum financial compensation. Contact us today for a free consultation.
When Should You Contact a Car Accident Attorney?
At Drake Injury Lawyers, we have committed our professional lives to representing injured clients and helping them receive the justice that they deserve. It can benefit you to contact our car accident attorneys after any car accident that leaves you or a loved one seriously injured. This is because a car insurance company may try to take advantage of you during the claims process to save itself money if you don’t have an attorney representing you.
An experienced car accident attorney will work hard to maximize your financial recovery – helping you get what you need to move forward. An attorney can help you with every phase of a personal injury claim or lawsuit, from investigating for signs of fault to negotiating a settlement with an insurance company. At Drake Injury Lawyers, our car accident attorneys can use special legal resources, hire qualified experts to testify on your behalf, go to trial if necessary and take many other steps to help you recover from a car crash in Vestavia Hills.
Alabama Car Accident Statistics
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the most common causes of unintentional injuries and deaths in Alabama and throughout the country. According to Drive Safe Alabama, one traffic accident was reported every 3 minutes and 18 seconds in 2019. There were 930 deaths and 46,383 injuries in traffic accidents in 2019. Fatal car accidents took the lives of 114 pedestrians, 90 motorcycle or moped riders, and 6 bicyclists in Alabama. At least 47 deaths were caused by distracted driving.
Common Causes of Alabama Car Accidents
As statistics show, the vast majority of car accidents are caused by driver errors, negligence and recklessness. Negligence in personal injury law refers to the failure to use a reasonable or ordinary amount of care. An example is a distracted driver who carelessly fails to pay attention to the road while driving. Identifying the cause of your crash is necessary before you can seek a financial recovery. Some of the most common examples of crash causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Driving while fatigued
- Breaking roadway rules
- Failing to stop at red lights and stop signs
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Driving the wrong way
- Making an improper lane change
- Roadway defect
- Car defects
If you believe that one or more parties caused your recent car accident in Vestavia Hills, you may be entitled to financial compensation. If you were injured in an accident involving a drunk driver, our Birmingham DUI accident lawyers can help you seek the compensation you deserve. The other driver or a third party’s insurance company may be financially responsible for your losses. Having a car accident lawyer investigate your car crash and search for evidence of fault can help you begin the claims process.
Car Accident FAQs
The aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming and confusing as an injured victim. This is why we offer free initial consultations at Drake Injury Lawyers, where potential clients can get honest and trustworthy answers to their legal questions at no financial risk. We have also listed some frequently asked questions (FAQs) here for your benefit:
- Is Alabama a fault or no-fault state? Alabama is a fault state. Like most states, this means that the driver or party at fault for causing the car accident must pay for related losses. You or your lawyer must prove to the other driver’s insurance company that the driver caused your crash, however. In a no-fault state, on the other hand, you can recover benefits from your own insurer regardless of fault.
- What should you not say after a car accident? Never admit fault after a car accident. This can automatically make you ineligible for a financial recovery even if the other driver is to blame. You also should not say that you don’t have any injuries until you’ve been to a hospital; it is possible that you have delayed symptoms.
- What information should you get after a car accident? If you can, get the other driver’s name, address, phone number and insurance information, as well as a description of his or her vehicle and license plate numbers. Write down the names and contact information of any eyewitnesses, as well, for statements.
- How long do you have to file a car accident claim? This answer depends on the type of claim being made. You should notify your insurance company of a crash as soon as possible. If you wish to file a personal injury claim in Alabama, a law known as a statute of limitations gives you no more than two years to file.
- Should you accept a car accident insurance settlement? If your case is worth less than $10,000, you can most likely negotiate a fair settlement with an insurance company on your own. For a higher-value case, however, it is likely that an insurance company will devalue your losses and you may need help with negotiations. Contact a car accident attorney for advice about your specific case.
For more information about how the car accident claims process works, request a free consultation with one of our attorneys. Our Vestavia Hills personal injury attorneys will listen to your story and give you tailored answers to your legal questions so that you can be more informed about your rights and options.
Find Out How We Can Help – Contact a Car Accident Attorney Today
If you or a loved one was recently injured in a car accident, there is no time to waste. Contact a car accident attorney from Drake Injury Lawyers today to discuss your rights and options. Our Birmingham car accident attorneys provide personalized legal services to each client to achieve the best possible case results every time. We care about our clients and go the extra mile to make sure that they have everything they need to move forward. Contact us online or call our local law office at (205) 970-0800.